Engines for Sale

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mills 1.3 cc MK I Diesel

Mills 1.3 cc Diesel
Circa 1947
Mills 1.3cc MK II Shown in this Shot




















Design history:-
Designed and manufactured my The Mills Brothers in England in the late 1940's


Design Features:-
Long stroke;
rear induction;
aluminium crankcase and cooling fins; and
plated brass venture assembly.




Specifications:-
Engine type: Diesel
Fuel: Ether/Petroleum/Oil
Cycle: 2T
Data
Cylinders: 1
Displacement: 1,326 cm³
Bore: 5 mm
Stroke: 13 mm
Weights and Dimensions
Other Information
Model Year 1948
Manufacturer
Mills Bros (Model Engineers) Ltd., Woking, UK
Distributor
Mills Bros (Model Engineers) Ltd., Woking, UK


Observations:-  
Everybody favorite, the lovely Mills mk1. The Mills Bros. made their engines with a lot passion, otherwise it would not be such a great runner and starting engine. This is one of my favorites in the jungle of my130 diesels. If turned by hand, you will already know, its a good runner by the way it feels. Smooth like silk,and breathe like a locomotive...some engines are really special and the Mills is one of them. Of that I am sure a lot people will agree.  

Watch a short video  clip of this venerable old classic running.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRz4YpJd0E4
  
This posting is prepared in collaboration with YouTube Channel valic000 Visual material and observations are by valic000










1 comment:

  1. I have one of this little engines.
    I love the way they run.
    I found one old Mills 1.3 MK Diesel little engine in South Africa now in Irvine Ca and I would love to see it run.
    Little guy needs a fuel tank set up and the screw set up on top of the piston.
    Louis Giraud
    marbles7@cox.net
    If any one can help me find this parts please contact me.

    Any help will be wonderful.
    Louis Giraud

    ReplyDelete